Thanks for booking a Meeting Room at Innovation Works – high five! Please note these policies only apply to our Meeting Rooms – if you have rented the Commons, please refer to the Rental Agreement provided by the Events Manager.
Co-tenants, renters and guests must adhere to all COVID-19 policies outlined here.
Accessing the Building
Innovation Works’ regular business hours are Mon-Fri, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. If you are an Innovation Works co-tenant, you can access the building 24-7 using your FOB.
If you are an external booker, meeting room bookings that occur outside of these hours will require an Event Pass. Contact Andrew at email@example.com to coordinate a pick-up time in advance of your booking.
If you booked a projector you will need to pick that up during daytime hours as well and drop it off at the welcome desk when you have finished using it. Projectors used after hours follow a different drop off procedure, which will be reviewed when you pick up your Event Pass.
It is the renter’s responsibility to pick up the Event Pass during business hours; failure to come before your booking could mean that you are unable to access your room.
Using Our Space
Ours is a DIY culture… what the heck does that mean?
- Hundreds of people use Innovation Works facilities every day; please be respectful and book enough time at the start and end of your rental to account for any additional setup or cleanup time.
- Users of Meeting Room facilities are responsible for their own room setup and cleanup, unless otherwise agreed to. This includes putting debris in the appropriate recycling/garbage bin, washing all dishes that have been used, placing used flipchart paper into the recycling, and wiping off the whiteboards. Failure to leave the room(s) in a clean and undamaged condition will result in a cleaning fee of $50. A clean space is a happy space!
- If you remove or rearrange tables, chairs, or other items from the room, please return them after the booking is finished! There are floor plans posted in each room.
- If you require assistance during business hours, please inquire at the Welcome Desk and we will happily help.
- Please hang up any signage on our walls with sticky tack instead of tape, which can peel off our paint.
- We strive to produce as little waste as possible – if you are bringing in snacks, please feel free to use our kitchen facilities and dish-ware. Please wash your own dishes, separate your waste into the proper bins and then pat yourself on the back for making a small but meaningful difference. Please avoid bringing in plastic water bottles.
- Users agree to pay for any damages caused to Innovation Works, its equipment, and its surrounding property as a result of the Meeting or Event. Please treat our space and equipment with love and care! Please approach the Welcome Desk at any location for assistance in finding the items you have booked
- Reserving a Meeting Room does not include use of the Innovation Works workspace. Innovation Works is home to hundreds of co-tenants, so please be conscious of noise and foot traffic when using Meeting Room(s). Sometimes this may mean taking off shoes that may cause noise!
- Innovation Works management reserves the right to monitor all functions being held on the premises. It also reserves the right to refuse space to any group that it considers inconsistent with the purpose and policies of Innovation Works.
- Innovation Works is not responsible for items left unattended, nor is Innovation Works responsible for unsecured rooms and common areas. We wish we had superpowers, but sadly we can’t be everywhere at once.
- The provision of alcoholic beverages on Innovation Works premises must be approved by Innovation Works staff prior to your booking. Any unapproved alcohol distribution in Innovation Works Meeting Rooms is considered illegal and will result in the inability to book Innovation Works space in the future, a potential financial penalty, and potential legal ramifications.
- There is a chance that Innovation Works may assign a different but comparable room to the user group, but will give notice and our full thanks for your understanding!
- With the exception of the Canada Life Solutions Lab, microphones and other amplification equipment are not permitted in Meeting Rooms during regular business hours, as this may affect our tenants and other Meeting Room renters. Computer speakers are permitted and we ask you to be courteous of those around you.
Effective December 1, 2019: External bookers are required to pay via credit card at the time of booking. Innovation Works Co-Tenants, however, are not required to pay upfront and will continue to receive a monthly invoice for any meeting room charges in excess of their plan’s meeting room credits.
In the event of an emergency during business hours, please alert the Welcome Desk Staff immediately. If it's a building-related emergency (i.e. water, fire, snow damage to the building) that occurs after hours, please call: Lore Wainwright, Director at Innovation Works at 519-660-9533.
Cancelling or Modifying a Booking
Out of fairness to all users of the space, Innovation Works requires at least three (3) business days’ notice of your cancellation or you will be billed the full amount of the rental.
If you are an Innovation Works co-tenant and you do not cancel three (3) business days in advance, these hours will be deducted from your monthly allotment or overage charges will be applied.
Innovation Works Co-Tenants can modify or cancel a room booking directly in the Members Portal under the "Bookings" Tab.
External bookers must contact Andrew Leest (firstname.lastname@example.org) to cancel or modify a meeting room reservation.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please call Innovation Works 226-884-9059 and our team will help you out.
By renting spacing at Innovation Works, you agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify Innovation Works from any and all liability, costs or other claims resulting from any and all claims originating as a result of the Organization’s use of the premises, equipment, or any and all other facilities provided by Innovation Works for the Organization.
Failure to comply with the above policies, excessive noise, failure to pay for rental services, and/or damage may result in additional charges and the loss of rental privileges at Innovation Works.
Limitation of Liability
Innovation Works has taken every health and safety precaution possible to reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Any indoor public space where people come together produces an increased risk of infection exposure. By being in a public space like Innovation Works you voluntarily assume all the risks related to infection exposure.
During your visit to Innovation Works, please help to keep each other healthy by wearing a face mask, a City of London mandatory bylaw requirement*, as well as maintaining social distancing of two meters/six feet in any direction, following our signage and all health and safety guidelines.
*City of London mandatory mask bylaw requires face coverings in all indoor public spaces. Those exempt from wearing face coverings include children under the age of 12, people with a medical condition that inhibits their ability to wear a mask, people who cannot apply or remove a mask without help, and those with accommodations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with a Disabilities Act.
* * *
Alright, now that we got that out of the way... you’re going to love your time in our space!
We thank you for choosing Innovation Works and supporting our mission.
Please email email@example.com if you have any other questions about our meeting room rental policies.