If you love science, enjoy working with elementary school children and teachers, possess excellent presentation and organizational skills and the flexibility of managing your own work schedule, this opportunity may be for you.
We are looking for mature individuals who have a background in science, engineering, and technology. This is a part-time contractor position, ranging from 10hr - 20hr each week.
- Deliver high quality hands-on interactive workshops in accordance with STEAM Education Centre’s mission
- Participate in orientation sessions and in ongoing development opportunities
- Prepare presentation kit and maintains materials in a safe and professional condition
- Communicate with teachers on a timely basis to schedule and confirm assigned workshops
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator to maintain accurate record of workshop dates and presentation status
- Follow STEAM Centre communication procedures adhering to deadlines
- Submit expense reports on a monthly basis
- Attend and participate in training and planning meetings
- Share ideas with other presenters through consultation and annual team meetings to continually improve workshop content and delivery
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with school administration, support personnel, classroom teachers and parent volunteers
- Science or BEd degrees preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the field of science
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Prior experience working with youth
- Proven ability to plan activities, work independently as well as part of a team
- Dynamic presentation style and ability to express ideas clearly to children and adults
- Excellent customer service skills; must be flexible, diplomatic and adaptable
- Ability to lift and carry 15 lbs
- Use of personal computer and ability to manage e-mail and internet applications
- Comfortable with the use of electronics, computer software, hardware and various other technologies – or very willing to learn
- Vulnerable Sector Check obtained within the last 6 months
- Access to a vehicle, a valid driver's license, insurance, and willingness to deliver programs in Schools, as well as at STEAM Centre.
$20 - $22 per hour (minimum 4 hours per workshop)
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and to build a career in an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our thanks to all who apply. We will be in contact with candidates of interest.